Saturday, July 18, 2009

How things change...

Well it looks like my original rant is now outdated... when I began this blog, I had a personal vendetta against the ungainly, inefficient, dangerous, and otherwise ridiculous SUV. Since I last wrote, high gas prices withered SUV sales, and a worldwide recession has further pushed them toward obsolescence. Even the much derided Hummer brand has been purged from the GM line. So I suppose it's time to move on to bigger and better things. Politics is tempting... in particular the rabid partisanship that continues to stifle good policy. I admit, I am partly biased, and I might find myself focusing my vitriol at the Democrats and the current "can do no wrong/Obama will fix everything/Bush is anathema" mindset. I will, though, have plenty so say about the "paranoid/Obama is Hitler/Glen Beck for president" Republicans.
But then, who would want to read a bunch of complaints? Judging from the news networks' constant whininess, I would say that there is a huge market for critics and complainers. I hope, however, to be constructive and also write about some fun things now and then.

No comments: