Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The end of an era- let's hope


This in the news today-


WILMINGTON, Del. - General Motors is closing four truck and SUV plants in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, affecting 10,000 workers, as surging fuel prices hasten a dramatic shift to smaller vehicles.
CEO Rick Wagoner said Tuesday before the automaker’s annual meeting in Delaware the plants to be idled are in Oshawa, Ontario; Moraine, Ohio; Janesville, Wis.; and Toluca, Mexico. He also said the iconic Hummer brand will be reviewed and potentially sold or revamped. -AP


Looks like the demise of the SUV is well on its way. And with any luck the Hummer will go the way of the dinosaurs.


I saw gas at $3.99 today. I guess I was a bit conservative a few weeks back when I guessed that gas would hit $4 before the year was out... how about the month?


I'm loving the scooter. I took the wheel off today to get a new tire put on it so it'll pass safety. $20 for a tire is something I can live with, and there are only two of them!

1 comment:

robinly said...

Driving between Indiana and home, saw gas for 4.22 and refused to buy it there...even though my gas light came on. I think I ended up paying 4.09, but didn't fill up totally in hopes of lower gas prices elsewhere.